Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adventures in Cooking

Herb Chicken with Honey Butter Recipe

Look what I made last night!!!!  Herb Chicken with Honey Butter!  And yes, it mostly looked just like the picture.  It was a quick dinner too.  Here is the run down of yesterday at our house.
I picked Alex up from school at 3:30pm and headed straight across town to her Ballet Class, which was just starting yesterday!  We were at ballet until 5:30pm and then had to wiggle through traffice all the way back across town to the house.  By the time we got home, it was 5:55.  So I grabbed the chicken out of the refrigerator and got busy.  My husband helped clean up the kitchen and we had everything done by 6:50pm!  Tell me that isn't quick!  The only problem with the meal was the green beans I served with the chicken.  I didn't salt them enough.  My husband will tell you that I don't usually salt things enough.  I am scared that I will over salt things and that is far worse!  You can always add salt but you can never take it away!
Here is the recipe for those that want to try it out -- or Click HERE.

  • 4 Servings
  • Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
151025

Ingredients

  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
  • 3 tablespoons butter

  • HONEY BUTTER:
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions

  • Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
  • In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, combine butter and honey. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 2 tablespoons honey butter equals 488 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 173 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment