Thursday, August 4, 2011

Green Beans

So to get things off right, let me tell you about yesterday.  I was at home most of the day so I decided to not wait closer to dinner to start cooking the green beans I had purchased at Kroger on sale earlier this week.  I decided to go ahead and put them on cooking while I was working around the house and then they would be ready for dinner that night.
All was going well for the first 20 minutes or so.  I had checked on the beans two or three times and had turned them down.  I walked away to work in my office getting ready for a meeting the following night.  About 30 minutes later.....not really sure as I lost track of time......I casually walked into the kitchen to grab something and heard a sizzling sound.  I turned around to the stove and THE BEANS!  I jumped over there and just as I suspected......burnt beans.
So after a few minutes of downing myself for even attempting to do something ahead of time, I allowed the beans to cool and disposed of the evidence before my husband came home.  Smart, I know!  Now I had a new problem.  What was I going to cook to replace the beans?  I decided to wait until dinner to decide!  Turns out we had a great Steak dinner with Sweet Potatoes!  Yum!
So is it really all's well that ends well?

No comments:

Post a Comment