Friday, August 26, 2011

A Broccoli Adventure

So Tuesdays are a busy day here and I decided to try a quick recipe I found in a Tastefully Simple cookbook.  It was Chicken and Broccoli Skillet.  Quick and simple was just what I needed.  Now my family is not big on broccoli but smothered in cheese, I thought it might work!
So the basic recipe called for chicken breasts, carrots, onions, broccoli, cream of broccoli soup, stuffing mix, and shredded cheese.  The picture, of course, made it look halfway appetizing so I thought there was hope.  It started out well and actually simple.  Then when I got to the point of adding the stuffing and the broccoli, I could tell we were going downhill. The consistency immediately changed and it was more mush than anything.  It wasn't looking like the picture anymore.  I ventured on and served it to my family.  I let them know that if this wasn't any good, there was leftover spaghetti in the refrigerator we could eat.  While it wasn't the most appetizing thing I've cooked, it surely wasn't the worse either.  My daughter ended up opting for the spaghetti while my husband and I ate the original dish.
So my adventure to get my family to eat some broccoli didn't turn out well.  Yet somehow, I don't believe it was due to anything I did.  I believe the recipe itself was somehow flawed.  At least that is what I am telling myself.
What is the worst recipe you have ever tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment